The next generation of Paste® introduces an innovative layout tool and smart formatting to transform how teams build presentations and visualize ideas together
NEW YORK — June 16, 2020 — WeTransfer, the company that makes tools to move ideas, today announced the next generation of Paste®, the Webby Award-winning visual presentation tool with intelligent design features for modern, fast-moving teams. Paste 2.0 introduces a new layout engine “Bento” for enhanced formatting and powerful layouts; as well as a completely new way of visualizing and editing presentations for quicker, more efficient collaboration.
Paste launched in 2018 and continues to grow its reach as remote work becomes the new normal. With Paste, teams can instantly turn image collections, prototypes, working documents, and design files into beautifully composed slides. Its cross-functional, collaborative, and flexible design keeps modern teams aligned as they work across departments, locations, and time zones.
“We’re seeing a watershed moment for the future workplace as companies increasingly embrace the idea of working remotely. But when you’re not meeting with your teams in-person, the tools you use to collaborate become absolutely vital,” said Georg Petschnigg, Chief Innovation Officer at WeTransfer. “Paste was designed from the ground up to bring teams and their ideas together. All you need to do is drop in what you’re working on, and Paste makes a beautifully designed presentation for you. It’s fast, effective, and quickly becomes the visual heartbeat of the team."
Paste 2.0 comes in response to growing demand for a more flexible and context-rich interface that’s structured for asynchronous working. New layouts and slide templates give more options for formatting, and a new storyboard view gives teams visibility to the entire presentation at a glance. Here, teams can edit content within and between slides, or multiple slides simultaneously, from an elevated view.
“We were inspired by the physical wall of print-outs, sketches, and post-its in a design studio that facilitate strategic thinking, iteration, and high-quality discussion,” said KJ Chun, Director of Design and Head of Paste, at WeTransfer. “That's why, unlike traditional presentation tools, the storyboard is the main view of a slide deck in Paste. It's designed to gather people around ideas in a visual way, shape the narrative, and showcase the work beautifully. Auto-formatting in Paste makes this creative process now easy for people of any discipline.”
- Power Layouts: Unlike traditional slide templates which need to be chosen up front, power layouts transform your content at any time to fit your needs– "Intro", "Show", "Tell", and now with Bento "Compare" and "Multi Column".
- Auto Formatting: Reactive slides snap everything in place effortlessly. The colors, font size, and composition change with the content you add.
- Brand settings: Keep your slides on brand. Set your custom fonts, colors, and watermark once, and they will automatically be applied to each slide.
- Grid view: Map out your story and get a quick overview of the deck. Easily select multiple slides and change the layout, style, and color with one tap.
- Collaboration settings: Assign slides to anyone on your team, share feedback with comments, and show your appreciation with reactions.
- Integrations: Paste any type of file—links, GIFs, videos, Figma files, Google Sheets and Docs, videos, Instagram profiles, and more.
WeTransfer provides tools that facilitate the entire creative process and keep ideas moving forward. With Paste, teams can align their ideas and communicate cohesively without distraction.
Paste is free to try and available now – on the web, iPad, and iPhone. Subscription plans are available for teams of all sizes. The full Paste 2.0 Media Kit is available at https://we.tl/pastemediakit. Visit https://paste.bywetransfer.com/ to learn more about Paste.